Language Leadership AwardPosted on: 08/11/2018
On Enrichment Day 2, a collection of our Language Ambassadors embarked on the Language Leadership Award.
Over the course of this year, students will be given the opportunity to develop leadership skills through languages and language teaching. They will learn and practise the skills involved with leading learning in a classroom, and as Language Leaders, our students will ultimately plan and deliver language lessons to local primary schools and KS3 classes.
The aims of the BCGS Language Leadership Award are:
- To improve foreign language skills
- To respond to new challenges
- To develop self-confidence and self-belief
- To develop a sense of responsibility
- To develop independence
- To develop new skills including leadership, communication, time management and teamwork.
Some comments from our Language Leaders, following the project launch:
“It was extremely fun and engaging”.
“It was very informative, and I can’t wait to start using all the tips I’ve learned”.
“We learned the importance of studying a language, and the benefits of teaching others”.
“I really enjoyed improving my leadership skills by working in a team”.