Updates and Events
Careers @ BCGS Events and Updates February 2021
Work experience 2021
Normally Year 10 and 12 engage in exciting work experience opportunities during enrichment week. Face-to-face work experience has had to be cancelled due to the global pandemic. Students will instead be given the chance to apply for a variety of virtual work experience placements which will available between March and August 2021. Students should inform Mr Wilcock (firstname.lastname@example.org) if they decide to take on these placements.
Careers Fair 2020 @ BCGS
The careers fair is being replaced by a number of online opportunities including career and subject-specific inspire lectures from February 2021 onwards. Parents will be informed of these opportunities via emails home.
Barton Court Grammar school has invested in Unifrog, an exciting online platform, that we aim all students to have used by the end of the academic year 2020-2021.
What is it?
Unifrog is an online platform for students, teachers and parents. It is predominantly a careers and university preparation website which enables easy logging, monitoring and tracking of students’ employability skills, extracurricular interests, as well as their choices for post 16 and post 18 destinations. It is used to draft and provide feedback on UCAS statements and write teacher / tutor references. Students can also research apprenticeships, MOOCs and other extra and super curricular opportunities.
- All activities can be recorded and can be explicitly linked to Gatsby Benchmarks.
- The platform will fit in very well with tutor time, enrichment days and PSHE.
- Everything goes in one place (UCAS, university searches, destination searches, skills/competency uploads, enrichment/extra-curricular activities), reducing teacher workload.
- Easy tracking system for staff to track student interests and choices. Teachers can also provide comment-based feedback on CVs and personal statements.
- Unifrog is not limited to sixth form only – this could work for the whole school as part of the whole-school careers programme.
Between September and December of 2020, Year 11 to 13 registered on Unifrog, and Year 9 and 10 will register during term 4.