Updates and Events
Updates and Events
Careers @ BCGS Events and Updates 2022
Work experience 2022
Work experience is taking place in the last week of this academic year for all students in year 10 and 12. This is an exciting opportunity for students to build their employability skills and learn about the world of work!
Careers Fair 2022 @ BCGS
The careers fair was a resounding success, welcoming twenty five different employers. All students were given a time slot to speak with employers from a variety of industries and local universities. We will be hoping to
Barton Court Grammar school has invested in Unifrog, an exciting online platform. All students now have a profile and log their enrichment, careers and extracurricular activities. Students also log their skills and college / university / apprenticeship applications.
What is it?
Unifrog is an online platform for students, teachers and parents. It is predominantly a careers and university preparation website which enables easy logging, monitoring and tracking of students’ employability skills, extracurricular interests, as well as their choices for post 16 and post 18 destinations. It is used to draft and provide feedback on UCAS statements and write teacher / tutor references. Students can also research apprenticeships, MOOCs and other extra and super curricular opportunities.
- All activities can be recorded and can be explicitly linked to Gatsby Benchmarks.
- The platform will fit in very well with tutor time, enrichment days and PSHE.
- Everything goes in one place (UCAS, university searches, destination searches, skills/competency uploads, enrichment/extra-curricular activities), reducing teacher workload.
- Easy tracking system for staff to track student interests and choices. Teachers can also provide comment-based feedback on CVs and personal statements.
- Unifrog is not limited to sixth form only – this could work for the whole school as part of the whole-school careers programme.
Between September and December of 2020, Year 11 to 13 registered on Unifrog, and Year 9 and 10 will register during term 4.