The School has a brand new state of the art purpose built Sports Hall, in partnership with Canterbury Christ Church University, and with the expansive playing fields, tennis courts, Performing Arts Studio and use of local sporting facilities such as the Polo Farm Sports Club and the local swimming pool we are able to offer a wide range of sporting activities, at all levels, to meet the needs and interests of our students.
A new block, built within the last 5 years, contains a purpose built Food Technology room, two ICT rooms with the latest technology, and a suite of language classrooms to support our Language Specialist School Status.
A new library, with a full-time qualified librarian to support student learning, opened in 2008, with a mezzanine floor containing a suite of 30 computers and a Careers Library. A popular place with students for silent study and the supervised homework club as well as providing the latest books, DVDs and newspapers.
In the summer 2011, all classrooms were fitted with the latest Interactive Whiteboards and six Humanities classrooms were completely renovated.
Situated in the “old house”, a fine Georgian manor house, which was built in 1750, are the newly renovated Sixth Form Common Room and the Sixth Form Learning Centre, which contains 40 computers and two Sixth Form Learning Mentors available throughout the day to provide an excellent resource and support area for all our Sixth Form Students. The “old house” has been completely restored and is at the heart of the school. It also contains three classrooms, staff room, offices and a specialist ICT suite.
The Main Block contains 7 fully equipped Science Laboratories, English and Mathematics teaching classrooms.
The school is situated on a World Heritage site and consists of three sides of a would-be quadrangle around the lake. The “old house”, with its lake, ancient trees, gardens and playing fields make Barton Court an idyllic place in which to learn.